Web Informer Button

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

...dream within a dream...

I was walking down the green fields
Saw a bright light flash over the sky
My steps were mired in mud
Dragging the earth with me
A burning brightness seared the clouds
The wind blew hurt into my face
Screaming, howling, whipping
My eyes were closed as I ran
Clutching my chest to feel my beat
I was empty inside, a shell of nothing
The sun touched down and shattered
I swore I could pick up the pieces
They only laughed at me and melted away
Everything I ever hated in a puddle
The sky was now dark and quiet
I could see my reflection even in blackness
I stood for many days and nights
Stood still like stone til I cracked
The anxieties and sadness rippling away
Then, the earth opened up and swallowed me
I was consumed by dirt and corpses
I sank into darkness again
I laid there under earth biding my time
I dreamed inside of my dream
I begged and begged to be free
Yet, still as a stone I lay
Then, a hand reached in and grabbed mine
Pulled me free from my earthly tomb
I had no voice to gasp or speak
I fell to my knees and looked up
I could not see a person or spirit
As I looked into the night sky
I think to myself, was I dreaming?
How I have these dreams within dreams
Worlds beyond galaxies and imagination
I shake my thoughts and get to my feet
It was not the world I was taken from
I walked on into the alien landscape
With some sort of purpose I wander
What felt like eternity was only a few blinks
I walked and walked and walked
My chest became heavy and tired
I wished to stop and sleep
I felt there was no end to this nightmare
I laid down upon the desert sand and look!
The sky was a dazzling kaleidoscope
Filled with beautiful colors and shapes
I laughed at myself for dreaming such ridiculousness
My eyes grew heavy and the colors persisted
I could no longer relent and I slipped away
I dreamed for what seemed like ages
and I opened my eyes and groaned
I was home all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment