Web Informer Button

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Breathe

I remember walking down this street
Quietly crossing against a roar of traffic
I remember the signs neon aglow
The steam rising from the vents
Every time I step, I realize I still don't know
The years I will have to crack and grow
My eyes water deep and sadness consumes
I've seen many stories and lies
Quite a few have slipped by me
Shame I feel when I realize I've been had
I wish to be no fool, but a great man
I wish to be strong, keeping watch
I step into a puddle splashing away
I sigh, the fog rolling forth
I dream of peace, dream of ease
There is no rest for he who stands alert
In the shadows and on the front lines
The guardian on all sides
This is the only thing I am sure of
My mission to protect and safekeep
Those I love and keep close indefinite
As long as I am alive, I remember
I remember I will die trying

No comments:

Post a Comment