Web Informer Button

Monday, July 6, 2009

The F.E.D. gets involved




This blog is a guest-blog.
The F.E.D. left this with me and kindly asked me to post.
No changes or alterations have been made.
It is typed just as written.
Happy reading!

Upon rising only darkness befell the world I inhabited.
"There it is!" I exclaimed, "The sun!"
"No," my friend said, "that's not the sun. What are you saying? What are you trying to prove? Are you an astronomer?"
"Of course not." I said. "Do you need to be an astronomer to recognize the Sun?"
"You're wasting your time." my friend said. "No one is going to believe that you saw the Sun, and even if they did, So What? You can't change the world, and people haven't seen the Sun,well, since most of them can remember."
"But look! My friend, don't you see the Sun?" I asked.
"No I don't believe I do, sorry, can't you just relax and have a good time?" he asked. "It's a holiday and everyone is out having fun without the Sun."

I closed my eyes and pinched myself to make sure I was awake. Slowly as I raised my eyes heavenward, sucking in a deep breath, I found the courage to open my eyes.
Yet there it was, hard to stare at for its brightness, but none the less right in front of my eyes.
"I'm going out now." I said to my friend. " I won't waste anymore of your time with my babblings about the Sun. I hope you have a safe and happy holiday. Perhaps I'll see you next week."

With that I left.
Although the street was clearly lit ahead of me, I could see nothing in front of my eyes, only darkness befell the world I inhabited.

F.E.D.
07-03-09

No comments:

Post a Comment